SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

mattress

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  camaraderie 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for a new mattress for my boat. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what type is the best suited for the marine environment? Also, any suggestions on where to buy one in the bay area would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Melissa

#5 ·
I have one of those custom mattresses like Sck refers to and they are indeed wonderful. I would invest in one if you are living full time aboard. For weekends/vacations, you can get away with a lot less and I'd suggest going to a foam shop OR someone who restores autos to build new foam bedding for you AND/OR use the underlying FROLI spring system to provide an added measure of comfort and moisture proofing. If you have servicable cushions...you might try the Froli before investing in new ones.
Froli Sleep Systems by Nickle Atlantic, LLC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.