SailNet Community - View Single Post - MacGregor ID help needed
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008
Montgomery 17

Perithead is on a distinguished road
Hmmmm, doesn't exactly look like a Mac to me but it is a little hard to tell. Some more pictures may help, and by the looks of the filename of the attached images you probably have some more.

Have you looked the boat over well and checked for a ID plate of some sort. Or maybe enven the hull number?

The reason I am skeptical about it being a Macgregor is that the cabin structure looks to be built of wood. I used to own and Mac 25 and the interior was not made of wood and I have looked at pretty good bit of photos and don't exactly remember any being wooden. But I wasn't looking for it when I saw the photos so I could be wrong.

Did any sails come with the boat? If you have the original sails, sometimes the name is on them.

When you say there is no box or storage compartment in the footwell, are you talking about the floor of the cockpit? I have seen some Mac's with a little storage compartment but they can easily be removed as mine didn't have one. Are there any places visible where the mounting holes were possibly filled?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sailing Videos, Woodworking Videos and More!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook