SailNet Community - View Single Post - MacGregor ID help needed
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008

Flatfendershop is on a distinguished road
Hey thanks for the quick help. I have a "boat load" of pictures Glad to know the hatch on the fore deck was an option as was the kick up rudder. I'll look for numbers as I address the paint (ahhh, the paint...What were they thinking!) The hull and deck are all fiberglass. I am missing the sliding portion on the top of the companion way. I have the wood for the companion way but just the fiberglass lid is missing.

Does anyone know if someone makes an aftermarket or replacement sliding portion?

Glad to hear she can be fast, nothing worse than sailing a bathtub!

I don't see any indication on the mast that there were spreaders attached, so glad to hear they may have never been there.

Here's a few more pics. As you can see there is a bad repair on the starboard side at the water line. The story is a tire blew on the trailer and flipped up and damaged the boat.

Any suggestions for this. It looks to my untrained eye that I need to cut it out and start over, but can it be sanded down and smoothed out? (I have lots of power tools!) The integrity of it is ok, no apparent air bubbles and good adhesion. Not spongy, just rough.

Other than that, just cosmetic gel coat crazing and filled holes from hardware changes over the years. I'll start this weekend getting her cleaned out and dry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_110208_014.jpg (55.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_110208_018.jpg (50.7 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_110208_020.jpg (47.5 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_110108_002.jpg (56.9 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP2947.jpg (80.9 KB, 75 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook