SailNet Community - View Single Post - A new catalina 36?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2001

paul-e is on a distinguished road
A new catalina 36?

Denr, thanks for the warning of shoaling ground and rough seas if I purchase a new Catalina 36. Water-nut, I''d love to chat with Catalina 36 owners. Especially those who sail nearly every spring/summer/fall weekend and take a few week-long trips and who may have a tall-rig/wing keel combo. How can you put me in touch with them? Denr, I own a ''72 Tartan 34 that we love. We sail this, and our buddies Cape Dory 36, Pearson 35, Alden 44 and Sweden Yacht 37 (boat snob boats) in the lower Chesapeake. We''d like to have a bigger, newer boat, but couldn''t find a really nice used 1990''s vintage of any of those great boats you mentioned (and any one we did find was rather pricy). Thus, we thought we''d have fun looking at new boats. Started with Hallberg-Rassy (great exchange rate), Pacific Seacrafts (Crealock and Ericson) and Island Packet. All great boats, but I can''t yet sell the house! So, of the Catalina/Hunter/Beneteau/Bavaria group, we''ve almost settled on the Catalina 36 because it appears to be a solidly constructed, well-thought out (sea worthy?) boat. Anyhow, looks like I''ve got more investigating to do.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook