SailNet Community - View Single Post - A new catalina 36?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2001

h20nut is on a distinguished road
A new catalina 36?

Paul-e,
Ican provide you with a copy of the latest Mainsheet, the Catalina owners magazine as well as a number of owners who would be glad to discuss all things Catalina. I''m not quite sure how to exchange personal info on this site. I''m surprised that more owners haven''t responded to this exchange. Are there any owners out there? The next Catalina 36 will be hull #2006. In regards to your question about the port side fwd. lower chainplate tierod. Catalina usually laminates a heavy guage aluminum angle into the deck. On this model (36) the head arrangement precludes this backing method. They use a hvy guage aluminum clip with backing blocks. They are located very close to the structural bulk head just aft of the sink. I haven''t seen any fractures or failures on any 36''s. This is one of the few models still using a keel stepped spar(and a pretty robust spar it is) Once again I''d like to hear from some owners on this topic.
I''m glad to see that you''ve been looking at other manufacturers. It is possible to have a good sailing quality boat that is also a good value.
Standing by;
Waternut.....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook