SailNet Community - View Single Post - One Dead, one wounded in VZ piracy attack
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008

jerryrlitton will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to jerryrlitton Send a message via MSN to jerryrlitton Send a message via Yahoo to jerryrlitton Send a message via Skype™ to jerryrlitton
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post

To those who advocate armed resistance. maybe you need to rethink that. It is difficult to contemplate clearly and understand these things but violence is not the answer to violence. For sure it did not seem to be the answer in this case.
SSCA Discussion Board :: View topic - Death of an American cruiser in Venezuela
Damn, we all do it however we are again playing the Monday morning quarterback. I do not think it is safe nor fair to second guess what was going through the mens minds during the confrontation. "Resist" may mean something different to you compared to me or compared to the survivors. Unless you were there ( I do not mean you in specific Cam) and participated it is not fair to speculate with any kind of authority. It is a very fluid and dynamic situation. I am all for having "tools" available if in my experience, training and if the situation calls for the OPTION to use them or not. Having options is a good thing. Let us not limit ourselves or anyone else by our lack of training and resources.

my condolences for all involved in this tragic occurrence,

Jerry

A Kings Trade
Dewey Lamdin

Money canít buy you happiness.
But it buys you a big enough yacht to
sail you right up to it!
(Johnny Depp)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jerryrlitton; 11-09-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook