SailNet Community - View Single Post - 22 to 24 for new couple
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004

maxcontax is on a distinguished road
22 to 24 for new couple

We ended up with a C-22 because they sail well, sell well, and sleep two, dine 4 and drink 6 adults. My limit was a tow capacity of 3500#, this boat just makes it. Unless you are in the market for a new truck or car, this is a limiting factor on your trailer boat. There are alot of good and very few great boats in this range because they are entry level for the best part--what I would caution you on is the boat ramps. Powerboaters gun their engines to hop their ski boats onto the trailer--blowing holes in the lakebottom. You come along with a displacement boat that must have a level trailer, in the water, in the midst of those holes--or else the boat will be tipped when you haul out. One afternoon of trying at least 10 times to get my C-22 even on the trailer made me examine the boat launch before ever taking the boat off the trailer. You will always get it off, but it is a challenge to get it back on esp on a shallow water shoreline. If that is your world, then get a smaller lighter boat, like an 18 foot Capri, for ease of trailering.

just some things to think on
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook