SailNet Community - View Single Post - 22 to 24 for new couple
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 03-26-2004
maxcontax

22 to 24 for new couple

We ended up with a C-22 because they sail well, sell well, and sleep two, dine 4 and drink 6 adults. My limit was a tow capacity of 3500#, this boat just makes it. Unless you are in the market for a new truck or car, this is a limiting factor on your trailer boat. There are alot of good and very few great boats in this range because they are entry level for the best part--what I would caution you on is the boat ramps. Powerboaters gun their engines to hop their ski boats onto the trailer--blowing holes in the lakebottom. You come along with a displacement boat that must have a level trailer, in the water, in the midst of those holes--or else the boat will be tipped when you haul out. One afternoon of trying at least 10 times to get my C-22 even on the trailer made me examine the boat launch before ever taking the boat off the trailer. You will always get it off, but it is a challenge to get it back on esp on a shallow water shoreline. If that is your world, then get a smaller lighter boat, like an 18 foot Capri, for ease of trailering.

just some things to think on
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome