SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beneteau 370 or Bavaria 34??
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroMagnum View Post
Saw your post and am considering purchasing one of several boats. I have sailed the Bavaria 44 and really enjoyed it. It felt solid and fast, but why better than the Beneteau? I have been sailing an Islander 36 which is fast and solid but just not large enough or comfortable as I would like.

Want to take a fews years off since the construction biz in Vegas is so slow. I figured that now would be a good time to head to the Caribbean and I want a boat I can easily scuba dive from and still single hand.

Jim
Jim,

I do not mean to side track you here, but would like to offer another option that is great for the carribean: A Catalina 380 or for more money, a Catalina 400. THe 380 is a very solid boat, the 400 a better performer. We lived aboard our 380 (and soon will our 400). We have great memories of it. Here is a pic:

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook