SailNet Community - View Single Post - Gate valves and why we don't use them...
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailboy21 View Post
Sounds like a plan Maine. I'll take every tool, material, & part possible to handle anything... Even the splash zone. The boat will start to settle at 11.5' and the thru-hull will expose at around 10' Start working then... I'll have 4 cycles to get it fixed before I will have to get off the grid or stay there for another month! Fun fun fun... BTW I had to get the darn thing Fedexed overnight because the big local marine store is shut down for inventory and no one else had a 1.25" freaking bronze ball valve. Gotta love Alaska. If I'm not too rushed I'll try to take some pictures so you can add a "What to do (or not to do) if you are a pathological procrastinator" section to your thruhull website..
Unfortunately 1.25" is a size that many don't stock. I'm lucky enough to be 10 minutes from Hamilton Marine, who does, but the local WM or Boaters World "fahghet about it"!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook