SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sabre v. Pearson
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2004

BigO is on a distinguished road
Sabre v. Pearson

Thanks to all for your posts.

SailorMitch, great article on the history of Pearson. I have been subscribed to the Pearson and Sabre mail lists and have gotten help there as well, although it''s slightly biased .

I have been researching and looking for a boat for 2 years. One year ago I decided that a Sabre 30-I or 30-II would be the optimal boat for me given my priorities, intended use, budget, etc., and, besides, I like how they look.

I have looked into every S-30 that''s been on the market in the last 2 years, came close a couple of times, but no cigar. Somewhat frustrated, I recently started taking another look at boats that I had ruled out, which is when the P31-II came to my attention.

I have not been on a P31-II yet, although I plan to see one soon. Do you know of any GOOD exterior photos of P31-IIs (not necessarily for sale) on the internet? (Other than those on Yachtworld.) I''m trying to get a better handle on their looks before I make a trip.

Also, would you say that a P31-II built in 1987 (when the Company had relatively stable operations) would be less likely to have a construction defect than one built in the final year the Company was in business?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook