SailNet Community - View Single Post - Brightside VS. Easypoxy
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004

sailnaway is on a distinguished road
Brightside VS. Easypoxy

I was just in Panama City Florida a couple of weeks ago. A guy was rolling on Imaron on a large boat and was doing some touch up of areas he had painted with another paint. All the work looked gteat and he did not yse the brush and roller and it went flat and had a gloss like it was sprayed. The humidity was real high as rain was moving in and temp was in the 70ies. I have painted a couple of boats and do not claim to be a painter but prep is important and fill everything Marine Tex or a suitable hard filler then with 3M colors red hard green medium blue soft fairing putty then high build primer to hide all the small scratches and paint it. If you are ever around the yacht painters you will hear them say I want to see some color on that spot. This is in refrence to the putty and sand fair layers of fairing putty that comes in tubes and is self drying. The finish looks like camo but red green and blue. The results are a fine finish I guess thats why they get the big bucks as all that sand and fair takes some time. If you don''t have the gouges I think the (High Build Primer) will do the trick. The colors of the fairing putty may not be correct read the tube or ask the paint store.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook