SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anyone following the Caribbean 1500 Rally?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008

Brezzin is on a distinguished road
Anyone following the Caribbean 1500 Rally?

This post caught my eye from yesterday.

Janel Seier from Nana Maria
Today is Wednesday November 12 and the wind is blowing 25 to 30 knots, the waves are 12 feet and rising. The boat is heeled over 15 to 30 degrees and the simpilest chores become a challenge. Picture yourselve standing up on a roller coaster, try to boil water in order to make coffee etc etc,

The waves that are continuesly breaking over the bow are allowing us to find leaks that are new and to refresh our memories as to where the old ones are. We are keeping dry from the sea water because of the enclosure, but the temperature inside is like a very sunny sauna. All the sweating is good for the skin we are told... Poor Foz (the dog) is not liking this too much, but we do have a spray bottle in the cockpit filled with cold water so we can all try to keep cool. I guess I shouldn't complain too much, I could be knee deep in snow back home, instead of in shorts and tank tops. Kelly was just moments ago exclaiming "."Holy Cow, look at the size of that wave we just surfed down."

Cruising Rally Association | Offshore sailing - Adventure, Camaraderie, Competition
2007 Hunter 49
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook