SailNet Community - View Single Post - 39' Ketch, Fl-NY, may '09
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
39' Ketch, Fl-NY, may '09

I recently bought an Alden Ketch in Fort Lauderdale. I intend to sail her home in the spring, offshore, one hop. I'm seeking volunteer crew. Please be in good health, know how to steer a compass course, trim sails, and be able to identify nav lights to avoid collision. Offshore experience is good, but not required. Be personable, easy-going. a small boat at sea is no place for anger.
The boat is sound, surveyed as ready to go anywhere. She will carry an epirb and a liferaft.
I'm a lifelong sailor and a Coast Guard veteran. The crew will total four. I'm assembling a longer list of prospects, hoping to finish with four good ones, who will be available. I'll make final decisions, and ask for a firm commitment, about a month prior to sailing. I'm allowing about two weeks for the trip, but hope to make it faster. I'll provide all provisions. Crew will be asked to get themselves and their gear to Lauderdale. It's best if you come from the northeast. We can fly down for departure, and be close to home on arrival.

Message me, or email me at johngsandusky at hotmail.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook