SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew Wanted
Thread: Crew Wanted
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Marty, please post when you get..

We did a DNF... not much choice. I had a totally rookie crew (and my boat is not that simple period)... We waited for a bit before we flew the asym because everything led forward is complicated and I had to have time to get them into the rhythm..

I finally called it.. we flew it and made beats on the the fleet that had ghosted us...

But one of the buoys.. a bad call on my behalf - we over-ran pulling the chute down.. wind was 2 knots at best but with 3 knots tide... we never made it... after 2 hours. I turned on the motor to play with slingshot's crew... we passed the committee boat on the port and called in our Disqualify..

Slingshot and I then played for a bit. The highlight was out in speed transfer of keg ...

nov 092.JPG

Gotta love what we do for friends on the water... we had extra so we shared - and that was a more fullfilling experience than being DNF..

Good time had by all... Rookie crew did awesome - I'd like to take credit for it, but in a short few hours we got the system down and all good - Jen/ BF, and eric... awesome you all did GREAT..

I take the ultimate responsibility for the DNF - but we really didn't have much to lose all things considered..last is last and being the last rated boat in the div - well we can laugh about it later...

Thanks for the hard work and attention to detail.. Had you guys not been awesome we'd never flown the chute and never really beeen able to comapin about the bouy we tried so hard to pass in 2 knots of wind with 3 knots of tide against us!

Great outing...pissy for our result but sometimes - it is what it is andf if you do not have fun then.. it is way more what it was instead of what it could of been!

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook