SailNet Community - View Single Post - LED Bulb Comparison !!!
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008

Valiente has a spectacular aura about Valiente has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
Dog..that is my problem...I donīt know exactly, they came with the boat..

Thatīs why I need to get there, see the fixture, bring the bulbs and buy accordingly.

I will search for what I know I have, or think I have, and post here so some of you can help me and in December when I fo to the US I can buy them, ok please?

I too am converting to exterior and interior LEDs not just for power draw (although this is important), but for heat issues. I have very nice 10 W Halogen reading lamps over the aft cabin bed, but they get very warm indeed. As I am moving the bed aft and athwartships, I will likely just run off an existing bulkhead "area" light fixture of the "brass ring" type using an old 12VDC "auto" light and power two reading lamp LEDs from there.

This is one of the generally unheralded advantages of LED fixtures: they draw so little that you can easily "extend" existing wiring circuits with smaller gauge wires, which is both cheaper and easier to secure and to properly run through conduit.

Thanks to Maine/Hal once again for being a better Practical Sailor than Practical Sailor.

Last edited by Valiente; 11-18-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook