SailNet Community - View Single Post - New project...Your thoughts
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
New project...Your thoughts

So, I don't know about many of you - but I find the management of crew to be a daunting task. I kinda hate calling people even though I have that unlimited plan on my phone. I am even worse at emails as my email contacts list is literally huge.

Being a programmer and having a fairly good taste of online technology, I am now implementing a site dedicated to solving those issues with finding and retaining crew for both races and weekend cruises.

Curious of what things you find both as the "consumer" - ie looking to crew, and as a skipper that you find helpful and what things you wish could be made easier.

Sure there are sites like Sailnet, Facebook, Craigslist, Myspace etc...

All lack to a degree because of some of the limitations. I had thought with the Meetup.org site that it would work well, and it did until political things reared its head, and to start a group for the boat - wasn't a financial brainer for me at least.

My new site - I am hoping to get going over the next few days (considering I started this at 11PM last night - pretty pleased), but would be interested in your comments and if their is something I can into it to assist some of the other PNWers in similar situations...see sig

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook