Join Date: Dec 2003
Thanked 38 Times in 37 Posts
Rep Power: 14
Ballpark figures for So. Calif.:
1. Slip w/ electric @ $10-$12/foot/month ~ $320/month + $150-$175/month if liveaboard.
2. Bottom cleaning $40-$50/month
3. Haul out - here where boat is in water year round usually every other year, $1,000 for haul & bottom paint + $500 to $1,000 misc. repairs (Zincs, Blisters, Thru hulls, strut bearings, keel bolts, stuffing box, etc.) NW and other areas where you must winterize whole other story.
4. Having senior moment, can''t remember insurance cost, part of all encompassing policy I can''t check right now, not as bad as Car Insurance.
5. Misc. monthly repairs & improvements - Whatever you got left.
I''m sure I''m forgetting stuff, my sails are at sailmaker right now getting cleaned, repaired & new sunband on Genny, ~$400 as others have pointed out there is such a wide range of variables that it''s really a localized thing. I used to think my area real expensive, from another board looks like the folks in New England have about the highest costs for slips & moorings.