SailNet Community - View Single Post - Searching for Wisdom...
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008

tojaso is on a distinguished road
Searching for Wisdom...

Hello all, I don't think that I have ever posted before, though I read the site religiously. My Wife, Daughter and myself have recently purchased a 42' Colvin steel hull Gaff Rig Ketch to liveaboard. That is the good news. The bad news is that is in the Keys and we have to go sail her up to Newport News in late Dec- Jan time frame. I am in the Navy Riverines and am writing this post from an Iraq airport waiting to come home from a 7 month deployment on the rivers in Iraq. I will only have so much time, and this is the only time that I am alloted to take that much leave to move it. So, there it is. A cold trip up the coast and there is no getting out of it. I am looking at this along the lines of a delivery. Though it is my own delivery...

Though not a total newbie, I am well aware that I don't know everything. So, I am looking for hints, if you would be so kind, from the old salts on the site. I have spent a great deal of time thinking and planning. Studying charts and making lists and pre-underway check sheets for the trip up the east coast. I was trying to find out if there was a forest that I was missing while searching through the trees. The best way to do that is to ask the experts. Any advice you would offer is well received and much appreciated.

Brgds,
Tojaso
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook