SailNet Community - View Single Post - Shop Vac and Inflatables
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008

montenido is on a distinguished road
David, I am going to attempt to post a few pics of my boat showing the rails removed and the holes filled. I just realized that I don't have any that show the SS rails installed. I will take some next time I am there.

As far as the Lazy Jacks, I bought them. The ones that I got are called Jiffy Jax, and can be found on the web. Great customer service and everthing is easily installed with only one trip up the mast (unless you leave your tool bucket on the deck like I did). Probably the best thing that I have installed so far.

Family? Funny you should ask. So far it seems that sailing is something they tolerate for my benefit. My wife let on in a moment of weakness that she "hates sailing". Too slow and confining for her. I told her that I was great with that as long as she didn't mind that I was sailing as much as I could. No problems there. She actually does go out for short day sails, which is nice. My twin boys enjoy it, but once again, it is a little too "slow" for their tastes. They do like to kayak and fish and drive the dinghy, so they are happy when we arrive somewhere.

I do realize that sailing is an aquired taste to some and a mild nuisance to others. Since changing the running rigging to lead aft, I am perfectly happy to solo whenever I can. Company is always welcome, of course.

Looks like I will need to reduce my picture size before posting. David I will see if I can e-mail them to you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Port side epoxy holes.jpg (46.0 KB, 48 views)

"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage."
Mark Twain
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook