SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sail Magazine BOTY Awards for 2009
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Sail Magazine BOTY Awards for 2009

Sail Mag just came out with their annual BOTY awards. Excerpt of press release:

Flagship (>50’): Outbound 52, a center cockpit cruiser with well-conceived construction details
Cruising Multihull: Moxie 37, a South African designed and built catamaran that combines high- performance fun and leisure-mode cruising in a single well-conceived package
Performance: Santa Cruz 37, almost all-carbon, this boat displays excellent sailing performance
Small Boat: Bug by LaserPerformance, a bright new alternative in the sail trainer category for kids
Accommodations: Hunter 50, incorporating every shoreside amenity a sailor could wish for
Systems: Tartan 5300 with its dedicated attention to “systems room,” making all core connections, circuitry, batteries and equipment readily accessible to the user.
Deck/Cockpit: Outbound 52 for its deep, narrow, and secure cockpit design
• Cruising Monohull (<50’): There was no clear single winner in this category

Zinio | SAIL | Digital Magazines

Of course...a lot of this is advertiser oriented and directed...but is still good to read about neat new boats. I like the Outbound a lot from what I've seen bt it won't be in my budget anytime soon!