SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Sailor Manhattan/KC Kansas
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008

TravisT is on a distinguished road
New Sailor Manhattan/KC Kansas

Today i stumbled upon this wonderful forum for sailboat owners. I'm so glad i found it because now when i have a question instead of googleing it and searching i just come here. Anyways i just purchased my first sail boat last week. I'm an 18 year old freshman at Kansas State University originally from Olathe, KS(kansas city-ish) As you can imagine, as an 18 year old college students pockets are not too deep so as my first sailboat i purchased a 13' butterfly and got it for a very reasonable price from a guy moving to Florida in KC. Very simple and easy and just right for my style and amnount of time i have to sail. Also great because i don't really know how to sail so this will be a learning process haha. I just puchased the boat and get to pick it up next weekend when i go home to visit family for thanksgiving. Even thouhg the sailing season here in Manhattan is months away i'm still very excited. I will sail on Tuttle Creek Lake which is only about 10 min away from my house in Manhattan so very very convienient. Let me know if you guys have any "Do's/Dont's or else you'll kill yourself" advice.

Thanks,
Trav
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook