SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beginner's questions
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 11-29-2008
Here .. Pull this
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,031
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 11
The water under the floorboards is normal. The area under the floorboards (which are referred to usually as "the sole") is called the bilge and it is unusual to find a bilge that is completely dry.

The bulkhead seperating from the hull could be anything from a very minor thing (if it just started) to a serious issue. With the condition of the market right now - I would suggest that you keep looking. There are too many really great boats out there to settle for anything dicey.

Repairing small boats is not usually that costly in terms of materials, but the cramped quarters make it difficult to work efficiently or neatly. After making a repair it is frequently necessary to cap the project by refinishing significant parts of the interior or exterior in order to make the boat look nice again.

This refinishing can add a lot to the cost of the boat.
Sailormann is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome