SailNet Community - View Single Post - O'Day 22 refit by those past or current
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008

landlockvasailor is on a distinguished road
Continuing to work on 22

I apoligize for not responding earlier. I apprecate your response and offer these as suggestions. Countrygent147 as to drilling a hole to allow to drain, I would not recommend. If there is not alot of water coming in, perhaps cover all the vents, overboards, or other openings with cloth. I have put in my Westerly years ago after doing this, a can of the chemical that condenses water. But every three weeks, it needs to be dumped. Here is a article that night be of interest A Warm, Dry Boat « Bill’s Boat Blog

If you look at my blog, Landlocked Sailor Looking For A Salt Breeze
I had to cut out the area of the where the mast sits. On the deck I prefab a stainless steel plate for the tabernacle to to be bolted to thru below deck. Inside, I cut out a five by five, therabouts, area and glassed using west and fiberglass mat. Of course I removed and replaced the port bulkhead which made the work easier. I then have another stainless steel plate for the inside. When done there will be four stainless bolts to tie the two plates and four to tie the tabernacle. There is no core on my boat's deck, which you need to check on yours.

We are located 45 miles north of Greensboro NC in Virginia. 4.8 hours from my sisters boat in VA Beach and 5.2 hours from favorite marina in Deltaville VA. When I get this boat done, plan to take to Buggs Island Lake (Kerr) and work out the bugs. Then most likely take to VABeach to my sister dock.

LLS