SailNet Community - View Single Post - Replacement - Heresy?
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by mgraham49 View Post
But I have this feeling that the boat is virtually not resellable for any price with the A-4.
What leads you to believe that? Personally, I would rather have the A4 than a diesel. And, btw, had we been able to afford it and one was nearby, a 10M is what we'd have right now.

And I suppose I am thinking about if the A-4 dies (as they all do eventually), do I continue to have Don Moyer as my best friend, (I don't really know him, but I swear they have my address memorized), or do I bite the bullet.
If our A4 dies, it's getting replaced with a rebuilt A4 from Don. Changing to diesel never even entered my mind.

Plus the Pearson tends to be badly underpowered with an A-4. Will do 5+ knots in no wind and smooth seas, ...
Is that typical for an A4-powered 10M? We get 6.5 kts plus on smooth water in calm air on our P30 with the original 2-blade fixed prop. We got close to that under similar conditions with the Martec folding prop. Under more typical conditions, some chop/waves, wind on the nose or from some forward quarter, we get "around" 6 kts w/o pushing the A4 hard. You're 3' longer, 1.5' wider, 4k lbs heavier and have about 1' more draft.

Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome