SailNet Community - View Single Post - Replacement - Heresy?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008

SEMIJim will become famous soon enough SEMIJim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgraham49 View Post
But I have this feeling that the boat is virtually not resellable for any price with the A-4.
What leads you to believe that? Personally, I would rather have the A4 than a diesel. And, btw, had we been able to afford it and one was nearby, a 10M is what we'd have right now.

Quote:
And I suppose I am thinking about if the A-4 dies (as they all do eventually), do I continue to have Don Moyer as my best friend, (I don't really know him, but I swear they have my address memorized), or do I bite the bullet.
If our A4 dies, it's getting replaced with a rebuilt A4 from Don. Changing to diesel never even entered my mind.

Quote:
Plus the Pearson tends to be badly underpowered with an A-4. Will do 5+ knots in no wind and smooth seas, ...
Is that typical for an A4-powered 10M? We get 6.5 kts plus on smooth water in calm air on our P30 with the original 2-blade fixed prop. We got close to that under similar conditions with the Martec folding prop. Under more typical conditions, some chop/waves, wind on the nose or from some forward quarter, we get "around" 6 kts w/o pushing the A4 hard. You're 3' longer, 1.5' wider, 4k lbs heavier and have about 1' more draft.

Jim
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook