SailNet Community - View Single Post - Coast Guard Documentation?
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 12-01-2008
KeelHaulin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,662
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 13
It's fairly simple to get CG Documentation; since the boat was previously documented. Just file a change of ownership with USCG; pay the $100 processing fee and pick a new name. You must be a US Citizen to own a USCG documented vessel. There is no annual fee for documentation; but you probably will get a Property Tax bill from your county instead of the similar DMV fee on your Registration.

Forms are here:

USCG National Vessel Documentation Center, Forms Page
KeelHaulin is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome