SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any guitar players aboard?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008
Retired and happy

Leither is on a distinguished road
I agree with all those commenting positively on taking a guitar on board - not a problem, providing you are careful.

My best guitar story happened when I was kayaking with a group of friends around a group of isolated islands on the west coast of Scotland. We were camping and I took my (old and not valuable) guitar. It was strapped on the back of the "provisions" kayak, which was being towed. Without going into the gory details, this kayak sank on the trip out to the island and my guitar took a prolonged dip in the briny. It still played OK (!) but during the course of the following two weeks of camp life, it gradually de-laminated. Finally, during a rousing chorus of "Wild Mountain Thyme" it gracefully folded in two and was later buried with due ceremony.......

Stuart

I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky - I left my shoes and socks there, I wonder if they're dry?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook