SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchoringing techniques
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008

Omatako will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiente View Post
Andre, would you say that in a tandem anchoring situation that you start counting the scope from the second anchor (the one closest to the boat) and try to get 7:1 or better from there, or are you advocating even more scope and rode?
I'm just suggesting that if there is a need to deploy tandem anchors, the conditions are likely to be pretty demanding and when they are, the more rode the better. Deploying tandem anchors is not easy and managing them when things change is even more challenging so I wouldn't do it unless there was a genuine need.

I normally deploy 5-1 and if the conditions suggest tandem anchors I would go with 7-1 from the second anchor .

Also just have a care if there are other boats anchored nearby because if they deploy significantly less, you could end up swinging onto them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

Arthur C. Clarke
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook