SailNet Community - View Single Post - Recommendations for Cruising the Southern Chesapeake
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
To add to the good advice already given, I'll add a few places to consider for a quick overnighter from Carter Creek. Just up "Rivah", is the Corrotoman River which has some beautiful anchorages, the western branch is one of our favorites. Its very close to Carter Creek (which is also a destination we enjoy) so it might be a good place to check out if you ever get a late start.

Fishing Bay is one of those legendary Chesapeake anchorages that is nearly a must see. If the winds are out of the south you can anchor across the way in Godfrey Bay. Also, working up the western shore from Windmill Point there is Antipoison Creek, Little Bay (there is supposed to be a nice beach there), Indian Creek and Dividing Creek where there is a nice anchorage at Lawrence Cove.

We are down "rivah" and across the way at Stingray Point Marina and spring will start our 4th year there.

Bill and Jill
s/v Palmetto Moon
1991 C36

PS The entire area is somewhat underdeveloped when it comes to night life, but I can share what I know if you have any interest.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook