SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ideas for cockpit flooring? On a budget.....
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008
1934 Chickering

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Trex Lumber...

Ok.. been thinking again... I know my first mistake! Err.. anyway.. I'd like to bump up this old thread, not so much as to find reasons for decking but more for trim, toe rail capping, and companion way boards.

I've been looking at the Trex line as a potential use for such things as mentioned above. I've a friend that actually replaced the little bit of teak that was on the exterior of his Oday 322. He used the grey trex and it actually seems to compliment the gray hull color. he's happy with it, but has not even sanded the edges yet. I've been thinking of the brownish trex since it is somewhat mahogany in color. I don't see any structural issues with it. Although I wonder if it can be glued with something to get a thicker composite for things like hand rails. Yes. I could call the manufacture of the product too, but like to hear more from the community. Also, I think i'll pick up a piece of the stuff and try some types of finish and or glues to see how it holds up in the sun while on the roof of my yard shed this winter. Sound like plan?

thanks all for your incoming comments

My boat is for sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook