SailNet Community - View Single Post - Babas? +/-''s
Thread: Babas? +/-''s
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 05-30-2004 Thread Starter
skiakhokie

Babas? +/-''''s

Jeff,

We are all entitled to our opinions and I thank you for sharing yours. I''ve been "window shopping" for about a month or so and have heard nothing but good things for both the Westsail''s and Baba''s. This is why I started this thread, I knew there were some negatives that I hadn''t uncovered.

Why a Baba? Well here is my explanation. My father is a live aboard/cruiser and he owns a Tayana 37''. In my opinion it is the ideal boat. However, they''re a little pricey for me and I don''t want to have the same boat as my father. Somewhere in my research of Bob Perry''s boats I read that the idea of the Baba 30 was to be a smaller and faster Tayana 37''. To me that sounds like a good match.

I am very partial to the classic lines of all three boats. If money were no object I''d have a Hans Christian. The valiant 40'' would also be a contender, again if money were no object.

40'' of boat is a little too much for me. I could single hand the Tayana 37'' but it''s borderline and out at sea in a storm I''d be in trouble.

Are there any boats that you would recommend I look into around the 30''-37'' range with the classic lines and in the neighborhood of 70k?

Thank you again for your interest and input to my thread.

Mike
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome