SailNet Community - View Single Post - Babas? +/-''s
Thread: Babas? +/-''s
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2004

skiakhokie is on a distinguished road
Babas? +/-''''s

Jeff,

We are all entitled to our opinions and I thank you for sharing yours. I''ve been "window shopping" for about a month or so and have heard nothing but good things for both the Westsail''s and Baba''s. This is why I started this thread, I knew there were some negatives that I hadn''t uncovered.

Why a Baba? Well here is my explanation. My father is a live aboard/cruiser and he owns a Tayana 37''. In my opinion it is the ideal boat. However, they''re a little pricey for me and I don''t want to have the same boat as my father. Somewhere in my research of Bob Perry''s boats I read that the idea of the Baba 30 was to be a smaller and faster Tayana 37''. To me that sounds like a good match.

I am very partial to the classic lines of all three boats. If money were no object I''d have a Hans Christian. The valiant 40'' would also be a contender, again if money were no object.

40'' of boat is a little too much for me. I could single hand the Tayana 37'' but it''s borderline and out at sea in a storm I''d be in trouble.

Are there any boats that you would recommend I look into around the 30''-37'' range with the classic lines and in the neighborhood of 70k?

Thank you again for your interest and input to my thread.

Mike
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook