SailNet Community - View Single Post - Never a Gori prop again!
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004

haffiman37 is on a distinguished road
Never a Gori prop again!

A year ago I replaced the Radice 2-blade with a Gori 3-blade folding prop on my 2002 model Janneau37.I though I had chosen the top of the line, and specially the overdrive function that would encrease my fuel-capasity (range) by some 20% was interesting.I will hopefully start my trip from Norway to Malaysia through the Panama Canal in August. However when I lifted the boat after one year for a bottom job and zink replacement, she truth came out!You may check it out on:http://www.geocities.com/haffiman37/index.html in the yahoo photoes section.Goris answer was clear: we do not cover corrosion due to lack of zink, and the anode should have been inspected and replaced earlier, or extra anodes should have been added! So first they spend probably some millions in making a low drag propeller, then they ask you to add some ''brakes'' on the prop shaft to make it work!Why not from the beginning put on a zink at the propeller that lasts "a normal service-interval" of one year? The service department of Gori Denmark is not the place I will recomend anyone to contact with theese kind of problems. The Norwegian distributor of Flex-o-fold guaranties the original propeller anode to last 12-24months!Anyone wants to buy a second hand Gori 3-blade 16,5 x 12 x 3?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook