SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Need Bow Pulpit info Cal 27

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  cal30 
#1 ·
Just bought a fixer-upper Cal 27 this evening. Missing the bow puplit, so I need to either make one, find a used one, or find a salvage replacement that will work off another boat. Anybody able to take some measurements for me, or some photos? Any help will be appreciated.

#4 ·
That makes it a 2-27. My is a 3-27 and I suspect the bow pulpit is different, as the boat dimensions aren't the same.

2-27:
* LOA = 26' 7"
* LWL = 22' 1"
* Beam = 9' 3"
* Draft (fin keel) = 4' 3"
* Ballast (fin keel) = 3100 pounds
* Displacement Fin = 6700 pounds
* Engine = Inboard diesel
* Sail area = 374 Sq. Ft
* I=36', J=12', P=30.8', E=10.3'
* Designer = Bill Lapworth

3-27:
* LOA = 26' 8"
* LWL = 23' 3"
* Beam = 9' 0"
* Draft (fin keel) = 5' 6"
* Ballast (fin keel) = 2000 pounds
* Displacement Fin = 5200 pounds
* Engine = Inboard diesel
* Sail area = 335.5 Sq. Ft
* I=33', J=11', P=28', E=11'
* Designer = Bill Lapworth

All the same, the next time I'm at the boat I'll take some pictures and measurements, if you like.

#6 ·
Bow pulpit

Howzit Cal new owner,
Here's a photo of the pulpit on my Cal27,hull #14. Currently on the drydock for haul out. This is the first model cal27. We're into the painting stage, but I'll try measure this weekend. A pulpit from most boats 25-30 feet will probably fit .Good luck with the rebuild.
Aloha ka'kou,
Leonard

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
PUlpit

Howzit ,
Hey that's great that you're #13 and we're #14. Good to know that the boats are still around. I've seen only one other Cal27 on O'ahu. The boat's seem to be well constructed,as ours was neglected for years and still turned out beautiful with a 5 week haul this past summer. We did everything from the keel up to the new rubrail. Have not done the decks yet... A previous owner did a poor paint job and it's now just chipping away. We're going to leave it like that for now. Inside turned out good too. I haven't been on the forums for a couple months, as my computer fried itself about two months ago. Good to hear from you. Good luck with the pulpit, you really do need it! It's worth having the lifelines intact, front to back. Post some pics.
Leonard
PS: We went sailing this past Saturday and saw at leat 2 dozen Whales. It was great, had some malihini (visitors)with us and they had a blast!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.