SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat wine
Thread: Boat wine
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 12-23-2008
Originally Posted by rikhall View Post
First off - if you are a wine connoisseur, stop reading right now - just hit the back button.

OK - now my question.

Last summer we were having a happy hour on a new acquaintance's boat, and they had a quite acceptable red wine that they called "boat wine". Like the line from the Blues Brothers movie - they said "the wine list extended to both kinds of wine - red or white." Our hosts said you could only but it by the case and was it very inexpensive (ok - very cheap!)

Anybody have a clue what I might have had on board that warm and lovely summer evening?

Hmmm. Confession time. If we are going away for a weekend, we'll grab a few bottles of nice wine.

Now the confession. When we go away for a month, I mostly drink wine out of a box. It's not cheap I can't remember the brand name, but it's a yellowy/orange box with a good chardonnay. And there is a red that's not too bad either. Stores better and there are no bottles to dispose of - just a box to knock flat. Plus if you pour a glass, no air gets in the bag - it keeps well. Quite often I pull the bladder and throw in the fridge without the box. So don't get hung up on bottles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome