SailNet Community - View Single Post - Oh no not another one!!
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008

welder4956 is on a distinguished road
When Tyrell were in there final years i worked with them to get the last races complete. Then i went to Ledbury to work for a company called Eurpean formula racing. They managed the Arows 2 seater experience. In 2001 i think they bought out minardi and I moved to Jordan for 3 months. I was a contractor so never spent long in any one place. Had a short stint with Jaguar but left the racing teams to pursue more stable work. Fabricator is not the high glam that F1 conjures up, in fact you are considered the necessary dinosaur, if you want the glamor you need to be either a driver or in the pre-preg lamination department.

This will be the first boat this small that i have built. I worked in Holland on the Disney Liner which at the time was the largest in the world but i think it has been surpassed a couple of times. I have put Oil rigs together and inspected them for surveyors to sign off. But never a boat this size. The strange thing is it is the fitting out that daunts me the most.

I look forward to posting developments and hopefully some photos, but it may be a while yet.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook