SailNet Community - View Single Post - comments on sabre 28, C&C 29, Catalina 30
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008

kirksneddon is on a distinguished road
C&C 29 mk II

Very good performance upwind. Well balanced and responsive up in moderate breeze. Keep it flat with reef in main and crew on rail (when available) and you will be pleased with heavy air performance. With proper amount of sail and sailed relatively flat, it remains easy to handle in a blow. If you are over canvassed it becomes a real handful and will round up. The 29 is less tolerant of being overcanvassed ("more tender") than the Sabre or Catalina 30 which are heavier displacement.

I bought my 29 Mk II 3 years ago and am very happy with the performance and build quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrential View Post
It seems that the more sailboats I read about and look at, the more confused I become on the direction to take. I know about the quality and sailing characteristics of the sabre, but I have never sailed a C&C 29 or a Catalina 30 standard rig. I like the size of the 30 for overnights on the weekends but will i be disappointed with the way she sails after the sabre experience. I've read where the C&C 29 mkII is very tender and not so good up wind. Thoughts and comments would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook