SailNet Community - View Single Post - SF Bay - California Coast down to Central America
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004

surf_n_turf is on a distinguished road
SF Bay - California Coast down to Central America

I think I may have communicated poorly my exact intentions.

First off all thank you for the great advice so far. To address both of the above posts first concern, I plan on spending a lot of time on the water over the next year or so. As well as spending a good year or so working on and sailing "my boat" in the bay and maybe on some shorter "out of the bay runs" just to get a feel for her before I go galavanting off into the sunset. I appreciate the concern from both of you.

What I am really looking for is a place to start. BRANDS - LENGTHS - THINGS TO LOOK FOR WHEN SAILING OTHER BOATS - PRICE RANGES TO EXPECT - EQUIPMENT TO LOOK FOR - WHAT EQUIP IS FLUFF AND WHAT IS MUST HAVE, ETC, for this type of crusing in those areas.

I plan on speding plenty of time preparing myself my boat. I want to know what type of boats I should start "chartering for day" or "bumming rides on", what type of equipment I need to start researching, and also what type of savings plan I need to start so I can save the money for this beauty.

When it comes to safety and being ready, I assure you, I am over cautious, and more paranoid than most out there.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook