SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard: state of mind
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009

N0NJY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Check dates folks...you're adressing people who are no longer here!
Irrelevant. I don't get you guys and your "don't open old threads" attitude. LOL

Sorry, after running BBSes and Forums for so many years some of the damned conspiracy theories I used to read are still coming out my ears, I still go back to being ORGANIZED.

If you open a thread in 2002 and no one posts to it, what GOOD does it do your server to open another, NEW thread in 2009 and post the same thing to it?

Nothing.

In fact, it would do you all some good to combine some threads into a good flow. I gave a good example awhile back. Looked up something on San Diego Sailing Academy. DIDN'T FIND anything. Not sure why the search didn't work, but it didn't. After doing a new thread with a question, I noted three old threads popped up.

The information in each one is EXACTLY the sort of thing I was seeking, didn't find it.

However, if all the threads are combined, there's a FLOW to them - and the data is in one place now.

But, I guess that's me.

I don't like to see the same crap rehashed in twenty threads myself. I prefer to see it all in the same thread.

moˈloːn laˈbe!

It's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you're not.

Let those winds of change blow over my head,
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead - Jimmy Buffet
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook