SailNet Community - View Single Post - Deck Core replacement
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4gta View Post
...from what I've read, you need to haul the boat for "deck removal", and also make a jig so the FG deck shell doesn't twist in odd directions while you're repairing it. It's also considered to be extremely hard to refit the deck to the hull. Most of the time one or the other has tweaked while they were apart, and now doesn't fit properly.
Okay, for some reason I thought you had your boat on a trailer/cradle in your driveway. Regardless, you make some valid points about keeping the hull and deck in the proper shape. I think it could be done (with the boat hauled, of course), but no doubt it would be a major undertaking.

Then again, what you are about to embark on is no picnic. I would really think hard on the advice from Mainesail and others who've tried or seen this tried.

P.S. Also, you might touch base with ArtbyJody. He was facing some serious work on his Catalina 27 but eventually came to a different solution.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT

Last edited by JohnRPollard; 01-07-2009 at 02:56 PM. Reason: added p.s.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook