SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tartan / C&C issues
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Hey lets face it...probably 95 out of 100 Tartan/C&C owners are happy owners without problems. Why shouldn't they speak out just like the MacGregor owners do etc. ??
I've got no problem with them talking about how happy they are.

It is the ones who try to defend the data that we have turned up about unhappy owners and unhappy vendors and warranty and unpaid bills lawsuits and unpaid court judgments that I get suspicious of. (And of course the ones from certain suburbs in Ohio!)
It is sufficient in my opinion that potential new and used Tartan buyers understand that there may be significant issues that you don't find in the brochures and are thus able to take measures to protect their deposits, investment and personal safety.
How many people actually check Sailnet before making a purchasing decision?? Nah. It is just like every other boat show I have ever been to:

1) They know of Tartan.

2) They are walking the show and moderately interested in buying a boat.

3) They walk on board. They like it better than the others.

4) A good salesman "sales" them.

5) They sign the contract.

6) They get financing.

7) They own the boat.

Then...

8) THEY READ SAILNET AND GO CLEAN THEMSELVES UP!

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook