This was posted before but seems relevant enough to this thread to repeat.
This was my nav station before:
- Phillips flat screen monitor discarded during a company computer upgrade $0
- A Radio Shack power supply gifted by another sailor $0
- Exisiting radar, radios and stereo $0
- Existing notebook and MaxSea software
- 12mm marine ply off-cuts from a local kitchen fitter's bin $0
- 2 12v plug fittings $13
- A sheet of American Cherry veneer $26
- A wireless keyboard and mouse $58
- Some fasteners, glue and varnish $?
and after many hours of work, I ended up with this:
Unfortunately, the rest of my projects could not possibly qualify for the "under $100" classification, they conform too closely to the "standing in a cold shower tearing up $100 notes" classification