SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pearson thread
Thread: Pearson thread
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eherlihy View Post

I imagine that Cam's recent experience with a particular manufacturer (begins with "T") may have had something to do with the decision.

- Ed
Ed...I don't know what you mean by this comment. My decision to stop being a moderator had nothing to do with the mail lists and everything to do with not being willing to continue to support the Sailnet decision to remove my Tartan thread in the face of potential legal action. I have stated before that I bear SN no ill will for this decision but simply could no longer be associated with them as a volunteer given their decision.

I fully support their removal of the mail lists as they were COSTLY, little used and required administrative attention FAR beyond the small cost of the server. I am AWARE of the underlying details of the decision and the actual usage of the mail lists and the REAL costs and would have made the EXACT same decision myself if it were my business BUT ....they really screwed up on the implementation and the notice to members. As to Pearson...as I understand it...the loss of the archive was a human error that happened with no other brand and is indeed regrettable but people do make mistakes.

I hope that clarifies my opinions on this. Please advise if I have misunderstood your comment.