SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Secrets to Smart Boat Negotiation
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009
Dodging Coconuts

CaptainFredGreenfield is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
you left an important phrase out of your "wouldjatake" discussion: "subject to satisfactory survey and sea trial."
I made the comment at the end of the Step 2 part:

" Once youíve made the commitment, donít think about it - youíve researched the market, youíve decided on the boat you want - subject to a survey, and sea trial if needed - buy the boat and be happy!"

That's because of 2 reasons - 1 I didn't want to detail sea trials and surveys, 2) I didn't want anyone to use those as part of the wouldjatake negotiation. I believe most should believe a respectable looking boat that is for sale would pass a sea trial and survey. Only once they are ready to make a real offer and whip out the checkbook should they make the offer pending a sea trial and, if necessary, a survey. Surveys are expensive, and not all boats (such as under $3,000 trailered boats), need one. n But again, I will detail surveys and sea trials in a future post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My Sailing Advice, Tips, Tutorials Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook