SailNet Community - View Single Post - Aprox 1 Year Cruise - Fall 2010
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 01-16-2009
Omatako

One thing I've been thinking about in terms of cutting down hassle and cost of cruising - long term anti-foul. Nothing irritates more than a boat that gets messy underwater and there is either no way of getting it properly cleaned or where it can be it's prohibitively expensive.

Have a look at coppercoat.com - it comes with a lot of good credentials and reports. It is a whole lot more expensive than an ordinary anti-foul and the prep is a wole lot more arduous but I reckon I'd rather deal with that while I'm at home than have an on-going hassle on a cruise. The blurb reckons up to ten years of protection - that's long enough for most cruises.

And no, I have no connection of any sort to the product, it just seems a good way to cut some of the grind out of boat maintenance while cruising.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

Arthur C. Clarke
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome