SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Pearson 323 Propane Locker

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jandkellis 
#1 ·
I'm converting my alcohol stove top to propane and in need of a locker or lockers for tank stowage in the cockpit. I would also appreciate any photos of the original installation as I am doing a restoration and would like to keep the boat as done originally by Pearson where possible.
Thanks,
Jim

#2 ·
propane lockers

Jim

My propane tanks are located in small lockers aft of the cockpit lockers p&s next to the transom. D0 you have those lockers? They have a scupper at the bottom of each locker to drain the heavier than air propane gas overboard should there be a leak. Otherwise you will have to build a storage compartment which will drain overboard and only overboard.

There is a switch in the galley for a solonoid operated valve in the propane locker as well as a manual valve on the tank. (The other locker is used for a spare tank.) Also the circuit which energizes the solonoid has its own breaker on the breaker panel.

Good luck with your 323. They're great little ships. If you need pics let me know. It might take a while, but glad to oblige.

Gary
P323 Dragonfly

#4 ·
Gary,

Thanks; these are the two lockers I need but would settle for one. What is the size of the bottle which the standard lockers accept, 5 or 10 pounds?

Thanks for the response and I have found a photo of the top of the lockers but a photo of the actual propane locker from inside the cockpit locker would be helpful if possible.

Thanks again,

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.