SailNet Community - View Single Post - Calling C&C Owners
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009

dave316 is on a distinguished road
35 MKI, C&C owner

Hello Sailormon6, I posted a blog back in August for info for my 35 MKI.
It's always a pleasure to speak to other C&C owners, and just other sailors in general.
I have hull #172 series of numbers to #200 for the 35 MKI she was built in 1973.
She was left for dead, abandoned, without a engine. Since I purchased her in July of 2008, I have completely began rewiring, I have purchased a new diesel, the interior needed to be gone over, remarkably the wood inside is in good shape but all the cushions needed to be replaced and all the foam torn out. I'm going to give her a up to date decor.
I had to buy all new electronics and am still in that process.
I have researched the MKI's very extensively and would be happy to share experiences with anyone who may need it.
I am active duty Coast Guard and have my boat in Connecticut where I found her, but after she is finished I will be sailing her back to Cape May, NJ. my home port.
There are some great resources up here for sailors, and all the people I have spoken to for help have been very helpful.
Well good luck on finding more C&C owners, and if anyone would like to talk about the 35 MKI,s, send them my way, I'm more than willing to listen, I may even be able to help someone.
Regards, Dave
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook