SailNet Community - View Single Post - Kiwi Feathering Prop
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009
Wish I never found SN!

SimonV will become famous soon enough
I have a Kiwi Prop and have had no real problems as yet.....other than I have not pulled the boat so I have not re-greased it, and when going from forward to reverse sometimes it will get out of shape as each blade is independent and you lose reverse completely. To fix go back into forward give it some revs and select reverse with revs above idle. until I do pull the boat I now use forward and reverse a few times while at the dock or before coming in, this seems to fix the problem for now. the only down side of this prop if you would call it that is that pitch is fully adjustable with the use of an Allen key for forward,but there is no adjustment for reverse and reverse is severe with a lot of prop walk to port. I can when stationary idle in revers and my boat will peiroet to port all day. Being a composite blade it can be anti-fouled.

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook