SailNet Community - View Single Post - First time buyer - 1985 catalina 22 thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009

BarryL is on a distinguished road
Hello,

My first boat was a 1981 catalina 22. I bought it in 2003 and never regretted it. The C22 is a great first boat because it's small enough to learn on without risking too much damage to yourself, the boat, or others, yet it's big enough where you don't have to worry about it tipping over, and has a decent size cabin for kids, etc. to get below and rest.

I trailer sailed mine for the first year, and moored it for the second year. Trailering isn't so bad, but it's much easier if you can leave the boat in the water, rigged, and ready to go.

There are so many C 22's around that you can easily find one that meets your budget.

I had mine for 1 season and a half before I got bit real bad by the sailing bug and moved up to a 28'.

There aren't any particular trouble spots with the boat and there are plenty of on line support places.

Good luck,
Barry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook