SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ideas for a 4 week itinerary norwalk to boston
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009

tommays will become famous soon enough
From my sailing on the LI sound you would really have to be moving to go from Northport harbor to Oyster Bay in 2 to 3 hours unless the current was perfect and that has to be the shortest trip you could make

Being compleatly serious most of the harbors on the LI side take 1 hour to leave or enter which will use up 2 hours a day before you even start sailing

Trust me on this as MY wife is a 3 hour sailor which pretty much means the boat does NOT leave the Northport area with her onboard

Northport to (Port Jefferson / Rocky Point / Mount Sinai Area) is 16 miles once your outside the harbor which would be again real hard to make happen in under 3 hours

And your really going to have to watch the WEATHER trends as 2008 set and all time thunder storm record it was a summer of once in a lifetime events about once a week

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1981 J24 Tangent 2930
Tommays
Northport NY

If a dirty bottom slows you down what do you think it does to your boat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook