SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1st LIS Cruise
Thread: 1st LIS Cruise
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004

maestro is on a distinguished road
1st LIS Cruise

I just returned from my first LIS Cruise. It was filled with great fun, tons of beautiful harbors and lots of learning experiences. Travelling the South Shore of CT out and the North Shore of LI back (I much preferred CT Shore) I made stops in Norwalk (great place to drop the hook and have lunch),Milford (anchoring off of Charles Island),Clinton CT (one of my favorite stops) Niantic,New London (saw the Tall Ships Festival...SOOOOO cool) , Stonington Ct. (fogged in), Watch Hill RI.,Block Island, Port Jefferson (very disappointed), Eatons Neck-Northport (Beautiful and GREAT Hospitality at the Northport YC!!!!!), Port Washington, and City Island. I have learned to stay put when the fog rolls in so thick it looks like smoke coming into the front hatch, Anchoring techniques in the Salt Pond BI, Boat Handling with 30 mph winds coming into a Fuel Dock(well, the boat got a little scrape but that''s NOT going to happen again), understanding that LI Sound CAN get ugly when an Easterly blows hard all day long (although after you get the hang of surfing the following seas it gets easier)
Over all, a great vacation and Learning experience. I Can''t wait until next year''s trip!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook