Old 01-21-2009
Unpaid Intern

josrulz is on a distinguished road
Hi Cam,
Here are some answers below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Joe...thsanks for the clarifications. On your questions:

2. Do you have ANY switches presently on the boat that turn on and off any AC powered devices or even the AC outlests?? If not, and your shore power is wired directly from the master AC switch only to outlets then you will need to install a small AC breaker panel...with at least one switch for your outlets and one for your charger...I would get a breaker panel with at least a couple of more switches than you need now.
Yes, there's a breaker panel with "MAIN BREAKER" and "AC OUTLETS" on it. There is also an additional switch, which could have been for a charger at one time? Maybe? Maybe not? It could also be the breaker for the water heater, which I know is hooked up to AC power.

Here's a pic:

Quote:
3. Should be answered by 2 above. Shore power, main AC breaker, Individual AC breakers on panel, charger is the order. Charger output to the battery switch for NOW.
Oh, so for my "immediate" set up, I should go through the 1/2/BOTH/OFF switch? Why wouldn't I go directly to the batteries if the charger has multiple outlets (see additional question below)?

Quote:
4. For your plan...the chargers power SOURCE should be the AC breaker panel...and the destination for the charger DC output should be one of your two house batteries rather than the battery switch. You should not get a charger with multiple outlets since you are planning on charging one bank and using an echo charger for the starter battery.

Don't most chargers have multiple outlets? If the one I get has multiple, should I just use one in this scenario?

Last edited by josrulz; 01-21-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook